Friday, August 16, 2013

The Excitement & Nerves Are Building!

It seems as if I have a lot going on these days! I am officially registered for my first half marathon! I am excited.  I've been training but I needed to make sure my body would agree with all that running before I spent my hard earned money.  Honestly, I've been trying to register for a week now but the darn thing wouldn't take my discount code and I wanted my discount.  I've decided for 2014 I am making a "Race Budget".  Racing gets a little expensive after a while.  Anyway, I am excited about being registered for the half marathon. I projected my completion time to be 2 hours and 30 minutes! I hope I'm not pushing it.

My other excitement and nerve building is this much needed vacation.  We are less than two weeks away from our trip to NYC, Paris, and London.  I'm excited but I'm nervous.  NYC doesn't make me nervous.  Being out of the country makes me nervous, I'm thinking of all the crazy things that can happen while I'm away.  However, I feel like I'm preparing well.  I'm sending my mom and siblings our travel arrangements.  So, if they need to contact us for any reason, they will have the number to the hotels and know our flight schedules. So, I started the packing process.  I really don't know what casual clothes to pack.  Of course, I know what I want to wear if I go out clubbing or something but not on a day to day basis.

I'm working on other stuff.  Like stuff that should make me self employed.  This is exciting and nerve wrecking all at the same time. It's forcing me outside my comfort zone and it is a struggle sometimes.  Yet, I'm still excited! :)  In the meantime, I'm updating my resume and cover letter to float about the country.

The countdown to vacation begins now and afterwards I will begin my countdown to my VERY FIRST HALF MARATHON!  Btw, marathon training is a little intense! Scheduled to do eight miles Saturday provided the rain holds off! Until next time...Peace & Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. I wanna go to Parisssss!! (Screaming Out Loud)!!! Enjoy your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'll flood you with pics when we get back! Then you'll be like I wish she would stop posting stuff! LOL! Thank you we will try our hardest! :)

      Delete