Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Morning Observations

This morning has started out CRAZY! I usually run in the afternoon on Wednesdays since I have to be at work so early.  Today, I decided I would run with BGR at 5 AM.  My body said NO but I was determined.  So, I did it! Well, it's not a good idea if you are not prepared for it.  I was feeling some type of way yesterday and I had a chico stick (I love this candy), laffy taffy, and tootsie rolls.  That was my first mistake.  Then I took a nap once I made it home.  I was up later than I would have liked.  So, I was sluggish this morning.  My run kicked my butt and three miles should not be kicking my butt.  The humidity was awful as well.  So, I rush home, shower, get dressed, and grab a snack for breakfast.  What I didn't consider when I was attempting to be SHERO was after running three miles I still had to walk almost a mile to get to work. Damn it! My legs are ANGRY! Anyone in Atlanta knows downtown is hilly!  I get to work and realize I don't have my phone charger which is a necessity since my battery dies so quickly and I didn't charge it last night.  To make matters worst, I don't have my wallet today either. Sighs... It's gonna be a long day.  Note to self: preparation is key!

So, walking to work allows me to make certain observations.  Why is it that so many people (women in particular) will put their heads down to avoid speaking? I've noticed this while walking on the streets and in elevators. What's up with that? I'm not a morning person but I will say Good Morning! Most mornings I get on the elevator and I'm on by myself but the mornings when someone is getting on or already on I get pretty much the same thing.  I'll say Good Morning and the person mumbles something back.  Shit, I don't know if they are saying good morning back or trick don't talk to me.  Or in the afternoon, I'll get on the elevator and the person immediately drops their head to keep from speaking. SMH! I still speak anyway!  That's just my observation for the day! :) Enjoy HUMP DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment