Monday, August 26, 2013

Finally...Update on the happenings in my life!

It is the Monday before I head to NYC to begin this vacation! Here's an update on how I'm feeling!

Half Marathon training is going well.  Some days I ask myself why I'm even doing this and then I remember that 13.1 sticker that I want so badly for the back of my car! LOL! All this for a damn sticker.  This past Saturday I ran 9.2 miles solo! I didn't think I would push myself to do it but I did! I'll be in Paris this upcoming Saturday and the training schedule calls for 10 miles.  I'm not making any promises but it would be totally AWESOME if I got in 10 miles while in Paris.  That would be a blog post all on its own.  LOL! Anyway, I totally suck at cross training and stretching! It's like I'm asking for an injury.  I have to do better.

Blogging: Well as you can see I'm still doing it! Sometimes life gets in the way and I don't do it as frequently but I'm still blogging. I LOVE IT!

Editing: This has been a slow process.  Not much progress has been made but I don't want to rush things either.  When I'm reading what I have written I sometimes blush! I'm like OMG I wrote that.  What type of mood was I in that day? LOL!

Hair crisis: Well I'm getting better at handling my hair after runs and what not.  I love the what not part! My stylist is still the bomb so she helps me to manage it and gives tips to keep me looking sane during the week until I can get my weekly fix! I love her and I'm sure y'all will too! If you are ever in metro Atlanta, stop by Jilli's Hair Salon at 3570 Canton Road Marietta, GA! Oh, she will have you RIGHT! Okay, that was an advertising plug but seriously check her out!

Vacation: Excited! We leave tomorrow for NYC, then Wednesday night we leave for Paris, and then we will head to London on September 1st.... *sighs* Then we will head back to NYC on September 4th.  So, packing was harder than I expected but I get it done! Before I became a runner and I do refer to myself as a runner now, my carry on luggage consisted of my heels.  I didn't want my bag to get lost and my shoes went missing.  Anyone who knows me knows I have serious shoe fetish.  Now, my carry on has all my workout stuff in it.  I don't want my workout stuff to get lost! So, we have a few things planned... NYC we are doing the usual sightseeing stuff and we will hit a Jazz and R&B nightclub.  Paris of course will be the usual sightseeing, hit at least one club (I'm secretly hoping for two or 3), and a dinner cruise.  London we have a full day of activities planned based on this attraction package that we are purchasing.  So, I'm told right now that it takes $1.33 to make one Euro! *sighs* losing money!

Crush: I'm not sure it's a crush anymore! He's frustrating though! I'm sure I frustrate him too but he has me drove sometimes.  I wish I could explain it but I can't.  I love it but I hate it! Actually, the I love it heavily outweighs the I hate it! I find myself missing him way too much!  One weekend we happened to be at the same spot (unplanned) and he was staking his claim.  He's attentive and almost overprotective! It was weird but weird in a good kind of way.  I didn't imagine being in a public place with him so it was different!

Sorry for the long post but until next time...Be productive, prosperous, and positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment