Thursday, September 12, 2013

It's Up to YOU...

So, I saw this picture on someone's FB page and I stole it.  LOL! Only after I warned them that I would.  Anyway, the message is what's important! I needed this message! I'm working on so many things at once and when I share them with folks they always say I'm doing too much.  But then I listen to them complain about their situations and think they aren't doing enough.  While some people may think I'm doing too much, I'm not satisfied until I change my situation.  IT'S UP TO ME!  And IT'S UP TO YOU... If you are unhappy with any aspect of your life, it is up to you to change it.  No one will ensure your happiness like you will. I hear people complain all the time about their jobs, health, financial situation, or just life in general.  When I ask them how they expect to change whatever it is that's needs changing they have NOT ONE clue. Well, I don't feel fulfilled at my current place of employment.  Guess what I'm doing?  Relentlessly applying for different positions and working on other things in the meantime i.e. writing, non profit, and a few other things just to name a few.  My financial situation sucks but I'm working on things to make it better.  I'm not unhappy in general but I have my days when I almost throw a pity party for myself.  Guess what I do? Look around and decide I have a lot more than some people.

Running has given me the opportunity to think about so many aspects of my life: goals, relationships, friendships, finances, etc.  It really is free therapy! I have learned so much about myself.  I have learned that IT IS UP TO ME to make me happy! My happiness is a priority!  Just remember IT IS UP TO YOU!  Whatever the desires of your heart are IT IS UP TO YOU to make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment