Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Race Week...Four Days until Half Marathon

So, I have four days until my first half marathon! I am only four days away from my sticker for my car! Excited and anxious is an understatement.  Many if not all of you have seen the various blog posts or pictures from my training.  Well, it's time to see what this training has really done for me.  Today was the last run before the race on Sunday. Okay, here is my confession: I've been having nightmares.  I'm so hung up on my time and this knee issue that I'm having nightmares about it. The first couple of nights and yes I have had nightmares more than twice.  Anyway, the first couple of nights I had an asthma attack during the race and my time was all jacked up.  All the other nights the knee pain caused me to have a really bad time and I cried.  It was crazy.  Saturday night I woke up in a sweat from the nightmare.  It's bad but I hear it's natural to have anxiety.  I just don't want a bad time or what I consider a bad time.

Race day:  The forecast is calling for rain.  This makes me sad but if the race is going on I will be running. I wonder what I will wear for the race.  I plan to do a video (short) and post to my blog.  I'm sure my nerves will be all over the place.

Anyway, I'm already looking for my next half marathon! I'll train smarter this time around and be pain free.  Amazingly when I ran this morning I didn't have any knee pain just a little discomfort.  I'm going to ice some more and see how things turn out on Sunday.  Until then, I have to remember MY RACE, MY PACE!

~Signed One Anxious & Excited Runner


No comments:

Post a Comment